Thursday, June 01, 2006

One week post school year


So what does a teacher do over the summer?

Beginning last Thursday I set to writing the last chapter of my dissertation. Problem #1 -- How do you finish something like that? I wanted to write FINIS at the end, but I didn't think my committee would allow something like that. Tuesday afternoon I was ready to print the thing out once again. Problem #2 arose -- the printer kept printing garbage in the middle of a page and sending the rest of the page onto another page. Finally I went to school and used the printer there to print out 820 pages (four copies of 205 pages). The next stop was the post office. Do you know how much it costs to send 8lbs and 14 oz. of paper express mail? Too much! And I still have a bill from the school for using the printer there.

Yesterday I was back at school beginning the process of getting ready for another year. I have extra to do because I am getting all new textbooks next year. Today I am supposed to be housecleaning my bedroom. Actually it was on my agenda for January and I am only now getting it done.

So what does a teacher do in the summer? All the things there was no time for during school.

No comments: