Saturday, August 30, 2008

Renovation Progress Report #3 --More Walls, Measuring the Sky, and Soup

Did I say at 8 PM last night that we would wind down in an hour or so? It was more like three hours or so.


It is almost 8 PM and Mary is putting the last few boards on the last wall. We had enough wood to finish and a few boards left over. Today we bought a new carpet for the office and I put scotch guard on it. I have done the beginning preparation for the unconventional ceiling we are planning to use. Photos of the ceiling will be in a later update. I cut 2x4s to hang the ceiling from until we ran out. Another trip to Lowes...




The wall is not as bowed as it looks on this photo. It must have been the angle I took it that made it look like that.



Also the 21 pints and 14 quarts of tomato soup are canned. I did some in pints and some in quarts because Jan has yet to decide if she likes our tomato soup. If we continue making it when she is not here, a pint is enough, but if she is going to eat some of it, we need a bit more than a pint.




3 comments:

Scribbler said...

What is your "unconvential ceiling?" If it was here, it would be used garage door sections.

GKStauffer said...

Wow! I hadn't checked your blog in a while, so it looks like you have some cool stuff going on there!

Meredith said...

Your office looks pretty good. Putting boards on diagonally like that adds some interest to the wall, and it isn't that hard to do.

I'm waiting for pictures of the ceiling now!

Merle