Thursday, June 21, 2012

Grey Lane Dress Shop Reopened

We started the summer with no dress fabric on hand.  I was saying that I wasn't going to do as much sewing as I did last year.  Well, maybe not quite.

Several weeks ago I went shopping for wedding gifts to keep me supplied for the wedding invitations that are currently hanging on the bulletin board for this summer. While I was shopping anyway, I decided to look at the fabric. After all, I did have time to do a little sewing this summer.  Let it suffice to say that I came home with five wedding gifts and three pieces of fabric.

Last week Mary discovered that I was in the mood for sewing and thought I had time to do some for her too.  She went fabric shopping and came home with four pieces for some new work dresses. She has been throwing some of her old rags away finally. 

Last week I also decided this summer would be a good time to make new curtains for my classroom. I made a stop at Goodville Fabric Outlet yesterday and spent $7 for new curtain fabric.

Dresses  #1 and #2 are now in progress.  I hope to have at least one of them finished by this evening.  I will need to get some current measurements from Mary before I can finish hers.  Since she has been losing weight, the measurements I had are no longer valid.  I have the curtains cut, but I want to double check on some of the measurements there too.

As I work on the dresses, I am grateful again for the customized patterns Ann made for us several years ago.  They make sewing so much more enjoyable.

No comments: