Monday, June 08, 2009

Garden Report

I spent most of the day outside since the rain has ended. I mowed and trimmed the lawn. That looks much better than it did this morning.

The garden also looks better, but is it certainly nothing to brag about this year. I am in the process of weeding it for the first time this year. It just didn't get done before.

But the weeds are not the only problem. When I bought seeds, I got the wrong kind of beans. Oh well, I planted them anyway. They came up kind of spotty, and then the rabbits ate them off. They are beginning to grow back--the few stalks that are there.

The other major issue in the garden is the potatoes. I planted my usual two rows of potatoes, but only about six plants ever came up. I guess we will be buying potatoes all winter this year.

So it is kind of a disappointing garden report this week. The healthiest plants in the garden are the peas which should be ready to pick in about two weeks.

1 comment:

Scribbler said...

What's with the gardens this year? Our potatoes came up kind of spotty too, only about a dozen stalks of corn came up in the two rows we planted and not a one bean. We replanted last evening.